Tuesday 10 February 2009

Gutted

Gutted. My 'Feed Me Bangers' post has been savagely and abruptly removed. I suspect it was either to do with the Lady GaGa remix or the Muse one.

Bastards.

As always, I will persevere. For anyone who missed the tracks, they were:
Lady GaGa - Just Dance (Feat. Colby O'Donis)(Matt Price Remix) Muse - Knights of Cydonia (Feed Me Remix) Ghostland Observatory - Club Soda Foamo - Everything Cool Kap10Kurt - Mission Complete (SymbolOne Remix) Boy 8-Bit - Fog Bank (Jack Beats Remix)

And they are all still highly recommended. (And easily available elsewhere, hopefully).
I also highly recommend you head over to hyperbole for the full Danger remix of 'Walking On A Dream' which has finally dropped. Look for the CSK OK tunes on there as well. Because, as I've said before, they are bangers.

As for music on this blog, this post includes a mix of new (to me, at least) and old tunes. Both 80Kidz and A-ux have been fairly recently ushered into the loving arms of my iTunes collection, and I felt it was high time to spread the love. Much like a bitter and devious student spreading an STD. Apart from these tracks are in no way similar to STD's.

The 80Kidz song is a Bag Raiders-ish track with a bit more grit. It's not as cheerfully Japanese as I would like (a more Perfume-ish sound would be ideal), but it's still pretty hardcore. No distracting vocals - just straightforward rises and falls, piano breakdowns, gut-punching/face-slapping drums, and strings doing whatever the opposite of a breakdown is.

A-ux provides a smooth, come-down vibe, with enough tempo to keep you interested. I've been trying to think of acts to compare him(?) to, but I don't want to cloud anyone's preconceptions. And it's difficult to pin-point anyway; the track would be equally at home on a Chilled Ibiza compilation or a Ministry of Sound one. Probably.

I don't have a hand in either compilation so couldn't say for sure.

Basically, listen to 'Journey to New Hope'. It's cool.

As for the other two tracks... I'm assuming they need very little introduction. The Punks Jump Up remix of 'Breaking it Up' is a classic: It really brings the song to life, and is unashamedly bright and cheerful. (I definitely do behave like the aforementioned Punks whenever I hear it drop.) The Kitsuné/DATA track is another old favourite, simple yet effective, and I highly recommend you get it if you don't have it already.

80Kidz - Life Begins at Eighty Buy
A-ux - Journey to New Hope Myspace
Lykke Li - Breaking it up (Punks Jump Up Remix) Buy
DatA - Aerius Light (Kitsuné DJ Friendly Edit) Buy (Original)



(Thanks to Resonator for the A-ux tune I nicked, and to Discodust for the old Lykke Li favourite.)

No comments: