Wednesday 28 January 2009

Sweet Selection

So, Blogger pulled my Chew Fu post. Gutted. Because it was amazing. However, I have more amazing things. Things that will no doubt get equally rough treatment. Ho hum.

Yuksek has been making waves all over Hype Machine with his new album 'Away From The Sea' (don't excuse the pun), and rightly so. It sounds seariously amazing. It's made a splash. It's definitely quite different from some of his stuff I heard some time last year, but is more up my street (clashing synthy stabs, repetitive vocals, powerful drums etc). Minus the short burst from Amanda Blank, 'Extraball' is probably my favourite of the moment. Very solid.

In other news (well, 'olds' really) David E. Sugar brings a bit of his funky, softer sound to the Klaxons, breathing a bit of fresh life into 'Golden Skans' - which I was a fan of anyway. Despite its uncool popularity. The mix sounds a bit like that song from the car advert with that robot. You know the one I mean.

Hopefully.

I love M83. A couple of their remixes from last year have been getting all kinds of attention on 2008 song lists and so on, and their album has snatched a few top ten lists as well. 'Don't Save Us From The Flames' is a classic - anthemic and powerful, with some nice, yearning vocals. I've had it on repeat pretty much all week because it makes me feel like a hero. (By the way, it's off Before The Dawn Heals Us, not Saturdays = Youth which is their latest album. Both are amazing.)

By rude request, I've also posted that 'Peach' remix. And to re-underline what I've already said: Sidechains are awesome.

Have a good week.

Yuksek - Extraball Album
Klaxons - Golden Skans (David E. Sugar Remix) Myspace
M83 - Don't Save Us From The Flames Buy
Louis La Roche - Peach (Sidechains Remix) Myspace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the yuksek and amanda blank track. I was surprised that the two of them made such a nice collaboration together! I think she's the best part of the song, though. I love her! And if you like m83, check out the video for kim and jesse, it's pretty cute.

-sarah

Anonymous said...

God bless you for the Peach remix. It's handclaptastic.