Friday 9 January 2009

Summer

In the (continued) absence of my end-of-year summary, I've gone for a few fill-in tracks that sound a bit summery. Because it is f*cking cold, and there's no denying that.

Deadmau5 is an old favourite of mine, and 'I Remember' is an absolute classic. The two minute trancey vocal breakdown in the middle of the song is like an injection of pure E. The overall sound is as simple and chilled as a G&T on a summer afternoon. Or, for the less gay man (and less feminine woman), a nice cool Corona. You've got to love how flexible he is as a producer.

I've spent about an hour looking for David Aussi tracks online. He captures the French House sound perfectly, and replaces Francois Dubois as my new house fetish. Air France is probably one of my favourite tracks of 2008. Skyscrapa is similarly euphoric.

As for the garage track - who doesn't love a bit of old-school dance garage in the summer? (The answer is 'nobody'.)

Deadmau5 feat. Kaskade - I Remember (Original Vocal Mix) Buy
About feat. Cameron - Let The Music Take Control Buy
David Aussi - Air France (Original Mix) Buy

No comments: