Friday 7 August 2009

Karatay Partay

"I know Karate, I know Ju-jitsu,
I drive like a gangster when I'm coming to see you
I know Karate, I've got some mojo,
and holding hands ain't something I do,
Thats true."

Greatest lyrics ever written. You can hear them in all their funky, 80s-influenced goodness on 'Karate' by Kennedy. I've had the tune for a few weeks and despite its ridiculous nature, the track is incredibly catchy. Infectious, like a tastier version of swine flu.

Why not enjoy it with a nice cool glass of 'Panther', freshly remixed by Zeds Dead. The bassy, distorted synths layered over this one make it a bit of an interesting counterpoint to 'Karate', as does the fat mono bassline and d'n'b influenced drums. I'm not sure if the tune is dubstep or electro, or some kind of new and wonderful hybrid, but its pretty sick anyway. More of a cheeky gut punch than a karate chop.

I feel like I should be posting that new Blame remix of Example as well, but probably enough bloggers have covered that. Those who want to can find it here. Blame at his euphoric best.

Have a good one.

Kennedy - Karate Buy
Barletta - Panther (ZEDS DEAD Remix) Myspace

No comments: