Friday 14 August 2009

Chin Up

I'm going to kick off today with an older track. Loose Shus are electro-types with a heavily eighties influenced sound. 'Threesome' is my favourite song from them, and one I've suddenly picked up and started playing again. As long as you don't take it to seriously, it's awesome. Anyone who likes the intros to old cartoons (I'm thinking Bucky O'Hare/Ghostbusters, but with a lot more production value and less epic stadium rock guitar bits) should grab it - like Danger on happy juice.

Speaking of happiness, SMD's new album found it's way into my itunes yesterday. I thought it would be awesome, but they've gone in strong for that minimal sound of theirs (you'll know what I mean if you've heard the singles) which I'm not such a fan of. 'It's The Beat'/'Hustler' are more my kind of thing, but there's not much of that sound on the new record. For me, they should leave the minimal to Style Of Eye, Major Notes, Lazy Jay and the rest and get back on the heavier electro vibe.
So, not going to post anything from SMD today anyway.

Blame dropped a remix for Example's new tune a week or two back, along with everyone else whose any good at the moment, and obviously I have to post it. Good old Blame. If you've heard his 'Shark in the Water' mix then you'll already know how good he is. His take on 'Watch The Sun Come Up' is more of the same. Definitely a huge summer tune, nice to see liquid drum 'n' bass getting a bit more attention at the moment.

GRUM + Edwin Van Cleef = incredible. I've blogged enough times about Grum for everyone to be well aware of how highly I rate the Leeds boy. I rate Mr. Van Cleef almost equally highly, so I was pretty excited to see him given the remixing honours for Grum's new production 'Heartbeats'. Have yet to hear the original, but if Cleef's effort is anything to go by, it's going to be huge. As for the remix - epic, fast, and very very nice indeed. A great blend of electro-house. Very similar to 'Overtaken' and possibly even a bit better. Thanks to these guys for the original post.

I was planning on sticking up some filthy, bass-tastic dubstep but I now feel like I'm in too good a mood. So last up is a remix by FCKN (your guess is as good as mine) which got some attention here and there. The original is by The Bloody Beetroots, who I still can't decide if I like or not. However, I definitely like FCKN's version - very cheerful, bouncy electro house, with a little bit of lo-fi feel distortion splayed over the top to please the more hardcore.

Have a good weekend people.

Loose Shus - Threesome Buy
Example - Watch The Sun Come Up (Blame Edit) Myspace
Grum - Heartbeats (Edwin Van Cleef Remix) Myspace
The Bloody Beetroots - House No.84 (FCKN Remix) Myspace

No comments: