Sunday 30 November 2008

Hangover

Everyone loves High Contrast. And everyone loves Kanye West. And I love unbelievably bad quality bootleg rips.
I can't remember who I nicked this particular bit of magic from, but god bless them. It's off a London Elektricity essential mix, as far as I can tell, and it may or may not be Mr. High Contrast. But either way it is a HUGE bit of tasty liquid D'n'B.

For those who aren't into that kind of thing, though, I've also been listening to a bit of Arctic Urgency as well. The vocals on their remix of 'I Wish I Was A Polar Bear' are a bit funny, which is pretty much a given as the song is about polar bears, but the rest of the track is undeniably ... good. The Damn Arms remix of 'Far Away' is pretty decent too, Cut Copy have inspired a few good remixes with that particular song.

I've thrown in Phonat's remix of 'Fire' for good measure. It puts a spring in your step.


Actually I've just listened to it again. What a tune.

The Young Punx - Fire (Phonat Remix) Buy
Kanye West - Flashing Lights (High Contrast Remix) Buy
Ted & Francis - I Wish I Was A Polar Bear (Arctic Urgency) Buy
Cut Copy - Far Away (Damn Arms Remix) Buy

No comments: