Monday 6 July 2009

Brown Noise

So I was listening to 'Rock the Casbah' on youtube this morning and I happened to skim through the comments bit underneath the vid, which is where I came across this:

"yeah buddy i listen to fucking music that would make any high school preppy guido bitch shit her pants. sorry i dont have a narrow mind when it comes to music"

And it gave me epic lulz + wtfs.

But it also made me think. Not in a deep way like 'why are some people so stupid and hateful that they find themselves needing to post those comments oh the woes of the world and the youth of today ...etc', but in a 'lol imagine if a tune could make you shit your pants' kind of way. Now obviously there is the mythical 'Brown Note':

The brown note is an infrasound frequency that is said to cause humans to lose control of their bowels due to resonance.

But I'm not talking about that. I'm talking more about tunes that are so frucking banging they might actually cause you to shit yourself in pure joy. I mean, I've been in clubs where the bassline has been so deep I felt like I might just go right there on the dancefloor, but I've never actually done it.

Maybe one day I will.*

Until then, I'll make do with listening to bangers. These tracks (probably) won't induce bowel-loosening euphoria, but they are pretty sick. First up is the Sidechains remix of Booty Luv's 'Say It'. I've already posted Diamond Cut's take on this song, but the Sidechains mix is a bit lighter and more club friendly (synths, funky bassline, fade outs etc). Its the kind of song that has earned them their place on the bill at Ibiza, and is worth a listen. Those who like it a bit more hardcore and bassy should check out Nero's pretty stellar remix instead. Bufi's 'Homeless Hero' sounds almost exactly the same as Bag Raider's 'Fun Punch' to me, but that is no bad thing. Any fans of Fun Punch or BR should probably check it out. As for Moonbootica, yes, their name is ridiculous and takes far too long to say, but their music is pretty sharp. Very sharp, some would say. Anyway, Freeland is obviously a fan, because Moonbootica got drafted in to remix the new single 'Do You'. Joker and High Rankin were given the same honour, and their remixes are full of dubsteppy goodness, but I've gone for Moonbootica's mix instead. This is mainly because I like them, but their version is pretty good - full of grinding distorted-guitar type synths and a nice bassline stab that promotes headnodding in a big way.

As for Classixx, they probably need no introduction. Cold Act Ill is a tune they released a while back (which is my way of saying I have no idea when) and has had a fair bit of attention from blogs - including Gottadancedirty, which is where I got it from. It is very very awesome and very euphoric - huge beat, great vocal sampling, big, smooth, clubby synth chords ... like a mix between Justice, Fred Falke, Moulinex and Deadmau5. Hopefully thats enough name drops to make everyone download it, and to make everyone so confused that they'll have no idea what it should sound like, letting me get away with that terrible, terrible description.
If any of these tunes make you shit your pants, it'll be this one.

Booty Luv - Say It (Sidechains Remix) BuySC
Bufi - Homeless Hero Buy
Freeland - Do You (Moonbootica Remix) Buy
Classixx - Cold Act Ill (Extended Mix) Buy


*Lol?

No comments: